Measuring only 27x37mm and equipped with NXP’s dual-core Cortex-A7/Cortex-M4 based i.MX 7Dual processor, lots of on-board memory and a very efficient Power Management IC from ROHM.
Embedded Artists’ latest iMX7 Dual uCOM Board only measure 27 x 37 mm – but is a very powerful platform! It is equipped with NXP’s dual-core Cortex-A7/-M4 based i.MX 7Dual processor, lots of on-board memory and a very efficient Power Management IC from ROHM. The board is perfect for battery-powered portable devices where space and power consumption are importnat parameters. The board is also suitable for a wide range of industrial applications that requires advanced communication, real-time control and graphic displays.
The module has low-power focus:
- Very power efficient
- On-board LP-DDR3 memory,
- ROHM’s PMIC has high conversion efficiency over a wide range of loads
- On-chip battery charger
The heterogeneous system architecture enables the system to run an OS like Linux on the dual-core Cortex-A7 and a Real-Time OS (RTOS) on the Cortex-M4:
- clear separation of real-time tasks from general server and graphical related processing
- can save power if the Cortex-M4 core performs preprocessing before the more power hungry Cortex-A7 cores are activated
Use the iMX7 Dual uCOM Developer’s Kit to get up-and-running quickly with the board.
Many companies are today using COM modules and the reasons are very obvious.
- You can focus on your core business.
- You shorten your time-to-market.
- You lower your risk and cost.